Starting off with an introduction to Instagram would be completely unnecessary. This social media platform has placed itself on the top of the list as one of the most user interactive platforms. To back this up, Instagram boasted that they cater to around 500 million active users with 70 million photos shared per day. This data was released by Instagram 5 years ago. At present with over 2 billion downloads from the Google Play Store and App Store, this application is a must-have in every mobile device.
After the success of sponsored post advertising, Instagram launched the business account feature on Instagram in 2014. With the help of some Facebook tools, Instagram introduced a dashboard that helps users with analyzing impressions reach and frequency related to Instagram ad campaigns. Since then, Instagram has introduced new features with regular updates.
Millions of companies have been using Instagram to promote their brand and it has been working very well for them. Around 250 million users visit at least one business profile on a daily basis. These staggering facts will surely motivate you to promote your business on this platform. Instagram has a lot more to offer for your company. Let us take a brief look at some of them.
- Believe in what you see – Visuals are powerful; Research shows that 90% of the information that the human brain transmits are the visuals. Instagram focuses more on images than Facebook, Linked In, and most other platforms.
- Target groups – If your business’s target audience is millennials or Gen Z then Instagram is the right place for you.
- Avoid research – Instagram shares your content based on the time it was posted. Therefore, your posts can get more views and engagement. Which is why you need to make sure that the time you post, your content is during a peak time on Instagram for your target audience to view your content.
- Online presence – the more followers you gain the bigger you build your online presence. This will help your brand to become more popular.
- Friendly customers – Instagram users love to connect with brands they love. Resharing your brand-related content of your customers will provide free marketing and more happy customers.
Instagram is not necessarily all rainbows and unicorns. With so many amazing features introduced almost every month, the competition keeps increasing. Marketing your brand through Instagram is primarily based on your creativity and consistency. Get your goals and objectives straight and work based on a social media plan.
Since Facebook is Instagram’s parent company you can target your content on Facebook as well. Instagram allows you to share the same posts and stories on Facebook. Social media is extremely important to increase the popularity of your brand. With almost all its services free, platforms such as Instagram must be utilized effectively.